Sunday 27 October 2013

Bourjois Intense Smoky Eyeshadow and Liner trio

Superdrug currently has a 3 for 2 offer. . .  How could I not go in and purchase? I mean it's practically criminal not to, right? So I headed with great confidence to the Bourjois section, and picked up this trio, along with a couple of their lip crayons (red and plum that are oh-so-gorgeous).

The trio I bought is called Paon Élégant, and it looks like this:
Yeah, ok, not the best shot but it's 4am and I'm using my camcorder to take these photo's. So you open it up and inside it looks like this:
Sorry, I've already used it, but hey ho. . .
Once I was home, I decided to swatch it. . . And this is where my HUGE mistake was made. . .
NOT swatching this palette/trio BEFORE I bought it and took it home. The pigmentation is so poor - it definitely lacks in colour payoff and leaves me wanting. . .  More. . .
Bourois. . . How could you? You are the one drugstore makeup brand that normally gives us everything we desire and more; the quality, the sleek beautiful packaging, the chic makeup and bold, daring colours. . .  but seriously, what happened?
Intense? No way.
Seriously, they should have named this palette "Not So Intense Smoky" or "Sheer Smoky", it would have been more truthful.

I tried doing a smoky eye with this and had to layer colour over and over again trying to get an 'Intense Smoky' eye, but failed miserably - this goes for both the silver and the dark green colour. I ended up having to use a black eyeshadow to make it intense and smoky, which completely defeats the object that this product was designed to do. Its one saving grace has to be its eyeliner, which does not apply well with the brush provided, but isn't a bad colour, and it definitely makes a change from my normal black.

The only intense thing about this product is how overpriced it is for the quality, but because it was a 3 for 2 offer, technically, I didn't actually waste any money on it. Still, it's going right into my makeup drawer for makeup that either never or rarely gets used. *sigh*






No comments:

Post a Comment