Friday 4 October 2013

Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer

Ok, another review. . .  Same story, walking around in Boots with too much money and not enough sense. . . But a matte serum and primer all in one?!? I just couldn't resist!
This is aimed at people with normal/combination skin. Mine is combination/oily. . .

It cost me £10.99 - although it's normal retail price is going to be £14.99 in Boots, so anyone that hasn't got it yet and wants it . . . You might want to hurry. . . 

A little part-pump of the serum, comes out in an opaque looking white-pink glob. . .
Rubbed in just a tiny bit. The serum becomes clear and starts to absorb.
Almost entirely rubbed in, it's become transparent and slightly glossy. . .
And here, it's dried down to a matte, clear finish.

I've edited this review. At first, I hated this primer/serum. I used it on its own as an oil control method underneath a foundation that was set with a powder. I was so oily I had to keep blotting until my foundation came off my nose.
SO I left it in a draw and thought nothing more of it until I came across it the other day... 
I put some oil controlling moisturiser on my face first, allowed it to sink in and mattify my skin, and then I smoothed this serum/primer over the top and allowed that to dry too. I applied L'Oreal Nude Magique Eau De Teint foundation over the top and set it with powder, and to be honest, my hopes weren't astonishingly high.
BUT my face remained relatively oil free for around 8-10 hours. There was a very slight sheen on my skin but it hardly needed blotting. My foundation hadn't melted away... I was over the moon.

This is the FIRST time in a long time that I haven't had to use Milk of Magnesia underneath primer and a foundation to make it oil/budge-proof.

Do I like it? Yes, over the top of an oil-controlling moisturiser, it really works for me.
Would I buy it again? Yes! I have seen the (happy) light of this serum/primer!
Would I recommend it? For anyone with normal/combination skin, this will be great on its own. For people like me, try a good moisturiser first - you might be pleasantly surprised.




No comments:

Post a Comment