Thursday 3 October 2013

Bourjois Poudre de Riz de Java

Do I get distracted easily? Nope, not a chance... Did I ever tell you the time that I - GLITTER!!!! SHINY!!! PRETTY!!!. . .  I. . .  erm, where was I?

I was in Boots today and saw this little beauty and tested the powder. Wow! Illuminating and slightly glittery, this is a silky, smooth powder to set your makeup to give you that sexy glow. Bourjois are celebrating their 150th year, and they are constantly bringing out fresh, new ideas and beautiful lines. Bourjois, has, without a doubt, some of the highest quality makeup that you can find in stores without the premium price tags.
Above is the top of the lid. Apparently this is what the original print looked like when it came out in 1879. Yes, don't worry, I couldn't believe it either. I love how original and classy the label looks. But that's where the originality stops. But I'm not complaining. . .
Inside it has a small and efficient powder dispenser, sealed with this sticker to make sure no one uses it whilst in the shop. . .
I turned it upside down, gave it a gentle tap and the powder tipped onto my hand. . .
So I smudged it out across my hand. The powder is fine, scented, and glittery, but the glitter is fine and not much more than the finish of the Revlon Skinlights, which I absolutely love.
This is what it looks like blended out. I could have blended it out more but I wanted you all to see that it does have a beautiful illuminating effect. The scent is quite prominent, and although I like it, others that are "'scent' sitive" may not. The scent lingers for a while too, which, again, I like. I have not yet used this as a finishing powder, but by golly I can't wait!
Then when I was finished with it, I turned the dispenser until it clicks into place, ensuring that if you carry it around in your bag or purse, it won't slide open and pour it's precious contents into your precious bag!

Do I like it? No. I love it!
Would I recommend it? Yes and No, because of the ingredients and perfume (please see below)
Would I repurchase it? Yes, definitely.


CONTAINS TALC, SILICA & PERFUME, so all people trying to avoid these, then you may want to try before you buy or avoid this powder.









No comments:

Post a Comment