Sunday 6 October 2013

Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick; Seduction, Scorned and Revenge

As you may or may not know, I stick to safe nudes, pinks and browns (and some reds) when it comes to lipstick and lip gloss colours. I have a few bright coral colours but they're mainly for summer... But I hear that it's good to step out of your comfort zone every now and again, right? That's what I was thinking when I bought these three lipsticks from the new Gothic Glam range from Collection (2000).
The tubes look quite dark and classy; they remind me of older Lancome lipsticks...
These are the three colours, clearly labelled...
And these are the three lipsticks. Dark and gothic...
Then swatched them, left to right is Seduction, Scorned and Revenge.

How to these apply?  Not fantastically well, as it happens - a lip brush would be a good idea for more even lip colour.
Colour payoff? Very richly pigmented
Texture? Silky, smooth, creamy.
Lasting power? Not great, wears off fast, transfers like you wouldn't believe - but they do leave a bit of a stain if you work the colour into your lips, so it's not all bad.

It doesn't matter what happens, comfort zone or no comfort zone, I will never wear these out in public. They are far too dark for me. I'd rather go bare-lipped than wear these, to be quite honest.

But for anyone that likes dark wine and plum colours, these would be great. They also cost a teeny tiny price of £2.99, so they hardly break the bank.

I'd suggest using some kind of lip brush to apply these lippies as they give a more even result. If you apply using the bullet, the result can be somewhat patchy - thin in some areas of the lips and thicker in others. A lip brush helped me sort that out.

Do I like these?; No, these colours are just too dark for me.
Would I buy them again?; Not unless someone asked me specifically to buy them.
Would I recommend them?; Ooo, hard question! Yes and No. To all people looking for lovely dark gothic lip colours on a budget, then yes. To all those looking for a lip colour that goes on more evenly and has a bit more lasting power, then no.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am from Spain, and i would like to buy this lipsticks, do you know some onlineshop to buy them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, the only website that I know of that delivers internationally that sells Collection makeup is Boots.com
      http://www.international.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/EndecaSearchListerView?storeId=10553&searchTerm=[Ljava.lang.String;@78057805&catalogId=19052&langId=-1&searchTerm=[Ljava.lang.String;@78057805&t1_N=4294960004%204294924504&t1_page=5&t2_N=4294960004%204294924504&t3_N=4294960004%204294924504&t4_N=4294960004%204294924504&searchv2=true&categoryId=231241#container

      Delete