Sunday 7 September 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Lacquer in '725 Caramel Infused'

To be honest, I bought this at the same time as my other lip lacquer by Maybelline (two for £10), and after deciding it was almost a waste of money, I was wondering or not whether to blog about this, but I decided to try it out anyway... 
Like the other lip lacquer, it has the same cute packaging (I'm not a huge fan of packaging, but I comment on it in case others are), and the same light, candy scent that wears away quickly. In the tube, the colour has a brownish caramel appearance (hence the name), but when it's applied, it's a lovely, creamy pink-brown (yes, you know me, love my nude lips - so predictable, Xen, well done!). After the disappointment of 'Signature Scarlet', I was completely ready to throw down my weapons and admit defeat against the evils of the tyrannical lip lacquer...
But I was pleasantly surprised. The colour was lovely, medium-pigmentation, looked good with just one swipe of the pear-shaped wand (forgot to take a pic, please see previous blog) and the colour didn't settle into the creases in my lips, making me one happy girl indeed. It reminds me of a lipgloss version of MAC's lipstick 'Modesty', which has been one of my favourite nude lipsticks of this year. 
This little beauty has impressed me, and will be joining the ranks of my other nude lip colours, for sure. 
Any lip colours you like/suggest? Have you tried these lip lacquers? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment