Friday 5 September 2014

Review: Kiss Gel Dress Nail Stickers in 'My Space'

So I'm running low on money this week, but really wanted to have super snazzy nails. Seeing as how I am awful at any kind of nail art, I thought these might help me out. 
I paid around £5.99 for these in Superdrug quite happily; I figured £6 for a two week, cute manicure was cheap and cheerful.
In the kit you get 20 full nail stickers, 20 French tip nail stickers (2 looks, 1 price), a nail file, cuticle pusher, gel nail wipe and an instruction manual. 

It basically says to apply the stickers to clean, dry nails, smooth up through the centre first, then smooth down on the sides of the nails. File away excess, apply Kiss LED gel polish (I have sensationail, which is the better, more expensive version of Kiss), cure it with LED light, then finally use the gel polish wipe to remove the tacky outer layer of gel polish. Then your manicure is done.
Apparently... 

I started the process carefully, following the instructions to a T. But I had a problem. My nails were simply the wrong shape for the stickers; they couldn't adhere to all sides of my nails at the same time. When I smoothed the stickers up through the middle of the nail, the outsides puckered and stuck out; when I smoothed down the outsides, the stickers came away from the middle of my nails. I was in a sticky situation (pun intended); have smooth nails in just the centre - and have the outer nails lifting immediately - or smooth outer stickers, but have the centre lift two millimetres away from my nails. Either way, they would catch and peel off within hours, possibly even minutes. I tried using nail glue over my nails to help adhere them but the sticky layer of the stickers acted as a lubricant, making application impossible. 
Above; The Aftermath. Bits of nail stickers after trying a dozen times to apply them unsuccessfully. 

I got really upset; I'd just wasted money on a manicure that frustrated me to the point of violence, so I went to my nail polish box to give myself a pick-me-up manicure. I also found some really cute little nail gems, so added them on my nails too, and I ended up with this: 
Now, although my nails aren't perfect, I feel a lot happier. 

My thoughts: For me, this was a complete waste of time and money, and I will never try using those kind of stickers again. I'm not even sure I'll be able to use the French tip part... I might try it but for the moment it's all back in the box and put away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment