Saturday 6 September 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Lacquer in '505 Signature Scarlet'

Maybelline have come out with some seriously fab new beauty products, so I have been tempted to buy their products more than normal recently. 
These lip lacquers are in a really cool tube; the lacquer itself is in a smaller inner tube in the shape of a lipstick. 
As you can see it has a pear shaped applicator that holds a fair amount of product. 
This is what my lips look like with loads of this lip lacquer on. 

The Pro's: The colour is vibrant, bright and glossy. The texture is smooth and pliable without being sticky. There is a very light scent of candy, which wears off quickly, so it shouldn't be too bad for people that are 'scent-sitive'.

The Cons: The pigmentation of this lip lacquer is poor when applied in thin coats; I'm not a fan of washed-out looking red lips. The colour also settles into the lines of my lips, accentuating every line, giving my lips an almost wrinkly appearance. The colour moves around easily, especially when I press my lips together; I end up with a pale top lip and a really dark red bottom lip. 

My thoughts: I'm not as happy as I'd hoped I'd be, considering Maybelline's great new lines have been impressing me recently, but it's an alright lip lacquer. 3/5, two stars taken off for the lack lustre pigmentation and the way the colour shifts across my lips. 

2 comments:

  1. This doesn't thrill me either. Think I will pass on these! Great review though! And thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be, but hey ho! Thanks for your comment hun, you're real sweet xxx

      Delete