Sunday 31 August 2014

Review: Maybelline Color Drama Intense Velvet Lip Pencil in '140 Minimalist'

The only lip pencil I own is by Barry M, so when I saw this lip pencil by Maybelline, I wanted to add it to my ever-growing stash of makeup, and this weekend, it now belongs to me... *insert evil laughter here*
It is a lovely pink colour with tiny little sparkles, which are hardly noticeable. It requires a little more pressure to apply on the lips, but the texture is quite velvety once applied. 
Above: minimalist applied to my bottom lip; my top lip bare for comparison. 
Above: zoomed out so that you can see the full effect. I'm only wearing a CC cream and a touch of mascara so please excuse my face... 

My thoughts: This lip pencil looks and feels good on my lips, has almost a soft matte finish but without drying them out. It has a weird taste - so no licking your lips - and it transfers, so reapplication will be necessary. The pencil is light yet feels sturdy, so it'll (hopefully) be travel and purse friendly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment