Friday 8 August 2014

Review: Barry M Liquid Eyebrow Marker

There's nothing like a little retail therapy to help "alleviate" a chest infection, so while I was buying pain killers and the such, I came across this little pen. 
I was immediately intrigued by it, so the shade 'Dark Brown' joined my medicines in the basket. 
So here is my natural eyebrow, untouched. My brows are wiry and sparse from mid lengths to the ends, so I always fill them in as best I can. 
I filled out the tail end first with the pen. The first thing I noticed is how much product comes out. It didn't matter how light handed I was, the liquid came out fast, making it look clumsily applied. 
I continued on... 
I filled out the rest of my eyebrow. Although the colour is a good match, there is simply too much liquid coming out of the tip, making my brows very noticeably drawn on and cartoon-like. 

My thoughts: The liquid dries fast, so it doesn't require any setting, plus it's long wearing, but at the same time there's just too much liquid coming out of the tip. It is very hard to apply, even with the lightest touch, so it's almost impossible to make the brows look natural in any way. This is probably best used for nights out or very obvious in-your-face makeup looks. 
Any brow products that you like/love and recommend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment