Friday 15 August 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Fatigue Blur *cool rose*

I don't know why I bought this, but I liked the idea of it. I'm not a massive fan of primers (except for Milk of Magnesia), but I bought it anyway... 
It's basically a water-based-silicone primer that helps smooth out very fine lines and blurs the skin's imperfections. 
It is a creamy white-pink, but when it's applied and smoothed out it becomes clear. It feels much more refreshing when it's first applied due to the water content, and dries down to a matte finish, leaving my skin feeling light and comfortable. 

Above: my bare face, freshly cleansed before and after application.
My skin looks fractionally more smooth, but it doesn't make me look more awake or any less fatigued. This is a nice little product for people that don't like to wear foundation but like their skin to look smoother without weighing it down with heavy silicone primers. I'm a foundation/CC cream fan myself, but for makeup free days I might be reaching for this little beauty to help perk me up without covering my imperfections. 
I think I'd like to try the apricot colour one next just to use something a little closer to my fakely tanned skin, but my local drugstore doesn't stock it, so next time I go into town it'll be on my shopping list.

2 comments:

  1. Im not a big fan of primers either. But I do think this looks like it smoothed out your skin pretty well. You have gorgeous skin, by the way! Thanks for sharing! :)

    www.thesaltlifewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture is kind of misleading; the original on my phone looks more realistic, but when I upload it to Blogger it makes my skin look smoother than it is in real life. I've tried re-uploading it but with the same results... Weird! And thanks hun xxx <3

      Delete