Saturday 21 June 2014

Can Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs help with my awful legs?

I was blessed (cursed) with a lot of hair. I mean a lot. I have around four times the amount of hair on my head than most women, and it's naturally dark brown. The rest of my body hair, unfortunately, is black as night, wiry and coarse. I have been asked - when they've seen my forearms - if I shave my arms, as the hair is blunt, wiry and black. Hell, it even looks like I've shaved them, but I'm telling the truth when I say that is 100% not true.
But I'm not here to talk about my arms. Today, it's my legs. I have pale white skin and a thick, black forest of hair growing on them. I'm not even kidding. I have my legs (and forearms) waxed every month, trying to tackle the deep, dark jungle growing on my body (Hey, did I just see a monkey?!?). I suffer from ingrown hairs regularly, which leaves painful red lumps, sometimes pustules, which takes weeks to subside and fade away. 
My other problem - as well as the ones stated above - is that I also have black hair follicles, which show after I have shaved or waxed, leaving me with tiny black spots, or "strawberry legs" as I've heard them called, which is most unpleasant to see. Also the hair on my body grows back fast. If I shave my legs, they're stubbly again within 4/5hrs. So not cool, body. So not cool.
I'm going to Ibiza in a week. I've bought dresses to wear but with redness, bumps, minor scarring and black hair follicles showing? I'd never leave the apartment! And I don't want to wear trousers in 25-30 degree heat! 
So here's where these babies come in. 
I bought them in the vain hope that they'd at least help with my endless list of problems.
Above; left leg, bare, waxed (14hrs ago). Visible scarring, redness and black hair follicles. 
Above; left leg after applying Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs in Medium. Hair follicles still showing (picture not accurately showing this). Scarring and redness slightly less noticeable. 
Above; right leg, bare, waxed (14hrs ago). Scarring, redness, discolouration and black hair follicles showing.
Above; right leg with Sally Hansen Aorbrush Legs in Tan. Hair follicles still visible, discolouration disguised, redness and scarring slightly less noticeable.
From around six feet away, my legs look ok, but I can still see all the visible imperfections. The Airbrush Legs gives my legs a more uniform colour, which definitely help their poor appearance, but they don't hide anything or make my legs look airbrushed. 
I'll definitely be taking these to Ibiza with me, as they do help make my legs look better from a distance, and after all, who - other than my hubby and my sister - is going to be close enough to see my legs? 
If I wasn't a poor working class gal I'd try laser or electrolysis, but I think my next aim is for Thanaka powder and Kusuma oil mixed together (I've heard wonderful stories about their permanent hair removal powers). Wish me luck! Xx

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly my case too. I am Indian and have dark thick hair and strawberry legs. I feel u sister. Thank u for the honest review. Thank u so much

    ReplyDelete