Monday 8 August 2016

Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in "Uptight" Review

Hello my beauties, today I shall be talking to you about Urban Decay's rather scrumptious lip liner, in the colour Uptight...


So my sister and I went to a makeup "masterclass" at the Urban Decay stall last week in House of Fraser. It was to do with the new eyeshadow palette they have just released; the Moondust palette. The lady showed us how to apply makeup (to whom I listened to and watched and nodded politely, hoping to learn any valuable tips), and I was fine - even when she forgot to apply concealer to her model until after she had applied powder foundation over the liquid foundation - right up until she was highlighting. She applied the highlighter, saying "Now don't apply too much highlighter, otherwise you're just going to look stupid,". My sister and I - highlighted to the Gods this fine day, her with Jeffree Star's Peach Goddess and I with a beautiful handmade highlighter called Ophelia that I bought from a wonderful girl from Depop (she's on Instagram and her name there is sophiekia) - looked at each other and just rolled our eyes and laughed under our breath and murmered "I'm with stupid!".
BUT! I digress!
What caught my eye when she was applying lip liner to her model. As you may well know, UD has come out with something like 100 new lipsticks, and have got a massive amount of matching lip liners. I wanted to buy "Liar" to match my "Liar" lipstick, but when I tried it, the colour seemed way too dark, much darker than my lipstick. And that's when I tried "Uptight". I found the perfect match for my lipstick!
The colour is richly pigmented and the pencil is so smooth to apply, it really is a dream. No dragging or uneven lining here!
Scream! My bare, freckled lips! My lips - up close - are fairly lopsided and uneven, so please forgive this. There's nothing I can do to change this unless I use an app to adjust my lip line, but it's tedious and I just can't be bothered! Also please excuse any hairs you see, I'm a real fuzz-face!
Here we are, with my lips filled right in with the pencil. It's a really lovely peachy brown. It reminds me of MAC's Half n Half or Modesty. I'm a sucker for pinky/peachy brown nudes.
Here I am with just the pencil on my lips, so you can see the effect it has on my makeup...
And here I am with Urban Decay's Lipstick in "Liar" on over the top. Match made in lipstick heaven, right? I'm loving this right now.
The liner holds up for hours but does need retouching if you eat a meal, especially if it's oily. This is a lovely lip liner, but on the pricier side at £13.50.

What are your thoughts? Do you have any long wearing lip liners that I need to know about? Please be sure to let me know! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment