Thursday 18 August 2016

I Have an Unreachable Dream...

MOAN ALERT! WHINGEING IS ABOUT TO COMMENCE!
For around 6 or 7 years, I have dreamed of
becoming a nail technician. I love applying acrylic nails and LED manicures (like Shellac but cured under LED lights instead of UV and takes much less time). When me and my husband were still together, I thought I had all the time in the world to follow my dream, so I relaxed, I did a beauty course in college as my first stepping stone... And then my marriage came to a rather abrupt halt, I moved out of my home of almost ten years, left my husband and my cats and started a new life elsewhere.
For the past 15 months I have been paying rent, and working overtime to make ends meet and so that I can live a comfortable life and not have to struggle.
Here lies my dilemma; with the divorce proceedings about to start and with no money to do a nail course (which are usually around the £1000 mark), I can no longer see my dream coming true.
I do my sister's nails, my own and a couple of friends and so far I have only recorded mine and my sister's results:
Above, my sister's nails the first day that I did acrylic sculpting on her nails, french fade. It was the first time I'd done french fade on more than one nail. 
Two weeks later, I did a basic infill. Her nails grow so quickly, she had around a month's growth in just two weeks!
Another two weeks passed and I rebalance her nails. They would have been slightly longer but she had filed them down a little before I got to them.
And finally, my nails. I have a different glitter accent nail on each middle finger because I like to be unique and it goes with my motto that "life is too short to find the matching sock", ha ha. 
 I don't know who will read this, but I was wondering if anyone else has faced this dilemma and what they did about it? Any help and/or advice would be lovely and really appreciated x


3 comments:

  1. Oh you poor thing. I hate that you feel this way. But I believe a dream is EXACTLY THAT. It's a DREAM. So you kinda have to visualize it happening and just think about it all the time with positive thoughts on it and eventually, someway, somehow, if you believe in this dream hard enough, it WILL HAPPEN. I still believe this about allen and I being parents. And we have given up trying! LOL... But I think honestly you really should just never give up on any dream. Dreams are what keep us going. And by the way, your work is GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps- Are u on Instagram or snapchat???? I would love to follow you on more social media. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your gracious comments, you are so very kind and sweet. I am on Instagram and Snapchat (but I have no idea how to use Snapchat properly) as "nennon". Are you on Instagram and Snapchat? Xx

      Delete