Thursday 28 July 2011

Makeup Remover

I blog about putting makeup on but as of yet have to say what I use to take it all off again. Up until the last year I have been fairly fond of face wipes as my go-to remover, but let's face it, not all of them are up to the task of taking off your makeup, even if they claim on the packet that they can. I have used many different brands of makeup wipes, ranging from £6 per packet to just 28p, and to be completely honest they all do the same job. I also find that makeup wipes dry quickly once taken out of the packet, which means sometimes you have to scrub your skin a bit harder than you should.
After using different types of makeup remover wipes, creams, etc, I discovered  Garnier Skin Naturals Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Makeup Remover a few months ago and it looks like this:
It's contains and blue and clear liquid (as you can well see). The blue liquid is an oil and the clear stuff is (I think) basically water. Here's a closeup of the bottom of the bottle:
I like the fact that it has no perfume and no alcohol, and that it is suitable for sensitive skin. I personally don't think I have sensitive skin, but I like to treat my skin like it is. This makeup remover reminds me of a cheap version of Lancome's Bi Facil makeup remover, which also has and oil/water combination, which is amazing at removing makeup but I can't afford the £18-22 price tag it carries:
I have used the above makeup remover, and I can definitely recommend it if you have the money - Lancome's products are top-notch, and I have been in love with their stuff since I got my grubby mitts on my first Hypnose mascara but I'm on a budget so can only buy their makeup etc as a rare treat. Anyway, back to my product:
 You can click on this picture so you should be able to read what most of the bottle says up close. All I can say is that it dissolves makeup really quickly and smooths it off your face without harsh rubbing or pulling. It is safe to use over your eyes too, so there's no real need to buy/use a separate eye makeup remover. You just shake the bottle 'til the whole contents of the bottle has turned light blue, quickly squeeze some onto a cotton pad and them smooth over your face and eyes - done! It leaves a very slight oily feel to your face, but a little toner will get rid of that. It only costs about £3, so well worth the money. Try it, I reckon you won't be disappointed. What kind of makeup remover do you use? Would you recommend it too? Let me know! Have fun x

No comments:

Post a Comment