Tuesday 23 August 2011

Coloured Contact Lenses Part Two

It's been a while since my last blog and I've been feeling a bit down recently, so I thought I'd cheer myself up by blogging about some more contact lenses. The lovely Kate from  www.eyesbright.com (please click link to go straight to the website) very graciously sent me a pair of lenses of my own choosing to review on my blog. I chose Big Eyes 15mm in Beautiful Blue.
When they first turned up I was blown away by not only the colour, but by the size - they're larger than the normal contact lenses I normally purchase so I was a bit worried that they would be hard to put in or be uncomfortable once they were in. Well, I needn't have worried, they were just as easy to pop into my eyes and they are actually more comfortable than normal lenses to wear.  Here is a closeup of my eyes with them in:
As you can see here, these are large lenses (again I cannot stress how comfy they are to wear). The pupil hole is also quite large so some of my iris and my pupils can be seen, but I don't really care. Isn't the colour quite striking? I have been wearing coloured contact lenses for just over a year now and I actually got comments from people on my eyes wearing these. Most people loved them, and one guy said my eyes looked like Doll's eyes and it freaked him out, but that's the look I was going for anyway haha!


I decided to wear a small amount of foundation to even out my skin and set it with powder and applied a generous amount of blusher on my cheeks to give myself a Doll-like look. I am wearing Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy, because it is a nude colour with sparkles which I love, and two coats of mascara to make my lashes thicker. I tried to flick my eyelashes outwards to give an innocent, wide-eyed look. I decided not to colour in my eyebrows as I normally do, but I did use a Lancome lipstick to set the whole look off. Here are the resulting photos:


                                            Ta-daaahhhh! Big Eyes 15mm in Beautiful Blue!

The makeup I used for this blog is as follows:
Contact Lenses were Big Eyes 15mm in Beautiful Blue from www.eyesbright.com
Foundation used was Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions in Fresh Alabaster
Powder to set was Revlon PhotoReady compact powder in shade 010 Fair/Light
Blusher was Lily Lolo's Mineral Blusher in Cherry Blossom
Macara was Revlon Double Twist in shade 01 Blackest Black
Lipstick used was Lancome's L'absolu Nu in shade 202 Ojab

I just want to give a Special Thank You to Kate from Eyesbright for letting me review these lenses on my blog, you have been wonderful, kind and generous x






4 comments:

  1. Well hi there, I never even saw this comment until now! That's amazing, Mr Fick was a genius! Thank you for your informative comment, I love knowing things like this. Thank you again for your comment my dear, big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing is that you need to be careful with these lens. They are super thin! I don’t think this has ever happened to me where a lens has ripped apart as I removed it from my eye. Cheapest Toric Contacts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! That sounds awful! That's never happened to me, thank goodness! Hugs xx

      Delete
  3. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. prescription contact lenses

    ReplyDelete