Thursday 21 July 2011

Coloured Contact Lenses

I may never have gotten round to telling y'all, but I have been a lover of coloured contact lenses for about a year. I have murky green eyes with brown around the pupils, so most people tend to think I have brown eyes. In fact you can only tell I have green eyes out in direct sunlight *sigh*
I have always wanted to know what I would look like with blue eyes, and I sort of found out when I tried Freshlook Colorblends. The colour was a bit too natural for me, and wasn't striking enough, so my search continued... Well, I need not search any more... I found...

                                                www.eyesbright.com

This website is the bomb for coloured contact lenses! I mean they have so many colours, designs, crazy, funny, bright, dark lenses, there must be a pair of lenses for all tastes no matter what person you are, no matter what look you want - they probably have it! They also sell face jewels, false eyelashes, glitter dust, contact lens solution, the list goes on...
Anyway, I do blather on... I bought two pairs; Vivid Blue and Blue Batik. The first pair lasts for 90 days and only cost £13.99, a very reasonable price indeed :). The second pair lasts for a year (yay!) and they cost £17.99. That's incredible value for a pair that last for an entire year! I paid for next day delivery (like I'm the type to wait!) and couldn't wait to try them!
This pair below is Vivid Blue (my eyes are green/brown mix):
                                                               Ooo, aren't I the poser!
The above picture is a close up (sort of). I really like how they make my eyes look (can you tell by my smile?). Ok, so the next ones are Blue Batik, they are solid colour (not solid lens) sky blue contacts with an intricate white pattern in the middle, making them super bright. Here are the results...
I love these, they made me feel all vampire-y like Selene from Underworld (although much plumper and not as pretty)
Oh, to look like Kate Beckinsale... *sigh*. Anyway, I was feeling so inspired I thought I'd pop my petite Scarecrow fangs in and took a quick picture:

Ok, if you squint very hard you'll see a hint of fangs. I was going for a subtle look, seeing as how my eyes were already doing all the work for me.
I have to say that I am very impressed with the range of contact lenses that Eyesbright have, I absolutely adore their blue range (I want them all!!!) and I will definitely be buying more from them in the future. I think next on my list will be Big Eyes in Beautiful Blue and perhaps a pair of normal Blue ones, just to see how much they'd change my eye colour. That's it for now, have fun guys x

3 comments:

  1. ZOMG I SO love those contacts! I am going to buy some too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kayla, thanks, I love them too :D Awesome, let me know which ones you decide to buy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent read, I just passed this into a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.
    best coloured contacts lenses

    ReplyDelete