Thursday 26 May 2011

The Body Shop Glitter Eyeliner

If you're a glitter fan like me then you'll love this cute little eyeliner from The Body Shop. Seriously. I. Love. Glitter. If I could get away with wearing glitter all over my face, body and hair, believe me, I would. But unfortunately I am all grown up and must keep my glitter down to a minimum. But, dear readers, do not despair! We can still wear glitter! Even if I am closer to 30 now than 20...
I bought this eyeliner, brand new, from eBay, for the teeny tiny price of just £1.99! If you're not as cheap as I have been recently then I would suggest Urban Decay's Heavy Metal glitter eyeliner, it's very long wearing, the glitter particles are bigger and it's very sparkly. Anyway, back to my eyeliner...
This modest little tube contains a lovely amount of glitter, so don't worry when you see how teeny the tube is. The liquid holds a fair amount of glitter, and one sweep across your upper lash line should be enough to give you a decent sparkle from inner to outer corner! I like to use the glitter around my tear ducts to brighten up my eyes. TIP: If you use glitter eyeliner make sure you curl your lashes gently and use two coats of mascara - maximum - more than that and you may start looking a bit over-done.
Ok, you are probably straining to see the difference but if you squint really hard you'll see that the inner corners of my eyes look a touch brighter. Squint no more, dear readers, here is a close up:
Ummm, sorry for the rubbish close-up but I was in a bit of a hurry! But you see what I mean? Not too much glitter, but enough to feel bright and perky! This is great for an every day look, simple, easy and makes me feel so much younger!! I am using Maybelline "The Falsies Volum' Express" in 'Black Drama' mascara. It tends to flake if you use too much so use it sparingly. Ok, so I slap on the rest of my makeup and head off to work. 14hrs later, my eyeliner and mascara look like this:
There's a few tell tale flakes but not so bad that they can't be smoothed away. As for the glitter eyeliner, not bad for 14hrs wear, I'd say. It is also easy to remove with normal face wipes or makeup remover, and the chances of getting glitter in your eyes whilst removing your eye makeup is almost non-existant, whereas there's a much higher probability when you use Urban Decay's eyeliner. Trawl through eBay and find yourself a bargain like I did! Have fun x

No comments:

Post a Comment