Monday 15 December 2014

Sad News and Max Factor False Lash Effect Waterproof Mascara Review

I'll begin this blog with some sad news. On Friday evening (12th December), my husband and I got home from work at about 6.20pm. Our neighbour was sat on the road just outside our driveway, with a bundle of towels by her side, with our eldest cat Zeus inside. Her boyfriend had run him over with his van. They called the RSPCA just before we got there. My hubby and I sat with Zeus for a few minutes, trying our best to comfort him, but he was in so much pain that he passed out. I thought he had died right there on the street, so I started to cry, but he came to after a minute. I decided that I couldn't wait for the RSPCA, so I rang my local vet and told them it was an emergency. We got Zeus into a box and we drove as fast (yet as gently) as we could (the vets is only a four minute drive). When the vet checked him over, he gently shook his head and told us that Zeus' pelvis had been crushed. Zeus had to be put down quickly, to minimise his suffering. My hubby stayed with Zeus whilst he was being injected, stroked his face and spoke to him as he passed away. I couldn't face watching him go, I was crying too much at that point. 
Zeus was just 7 years old, he was a lovely cat, friendly to strangers, loved to eat Pringles, cheese, even bananas. He was our first pet cat, and his untimely death has broken my heart. 

I knew that work this weekend just gone would be hard. I own just one waterproof mascara as I am not a huge fan of them, but as my tears didn't seem to stop flowing, I had no other choice. 
I like the wand, with the plastic bristles which separates the lashes quite well. The formula is quite wet, which normally spells disaster for anyone that really needs to curl their lashes like me. 
BUT! Keep looking, dear readers... 
After two lavish coats of mascara, my lashes stayed curled and set that way. I went to work, a snivelling, crying wreck, and I cried on and off, all day, for 10hrs. When I got home, I cried even harder. I thought my heart might break with the pain and loss that I felt. I looked in the mirror as I took off what remained of my makeup, and was astonished to see that despite my tear-stained face and red eyes, my mascara had remained exactly where it was and my lashes were just as perfect as they were 12hrs before. 
I decided that people should know just how wonderful this mascara is. And for anyone that has really watery eyes or has a funeral or wedding to go to, then please check out this mascara, as it was a life saver for me. 

This is for Zeus. August 2007 - December 2014. Rest In Peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment