Monday 17 March 2014

Passport Photo Day FAIL

I need to renew my passport. I am going on holiday in just over three months, and I realised that not only had mine run out, my surname has changed because I got married. Yes, fine, I know it was almost 5yrs ago, shame on me, but still!
So I decided that today was the day. I wanted my face to look natural but couldn't bear the idea of going 'au naturel', so I cheated. Just a little bit... 
I used the above products to make my face a little more even. I also used two coats of mascara and coloured in my brows... 
Picture above taken with iPhone 4S 8mp camera in natural lighting.
See? No blusher, no contouring, nothing at all that would give away the fact that I was wearing any makeup (maybe except the eyebrows)...
Feeling naturally confident, I walked into town, went to my local photo place and paid for 4 passport photos. I was sat down and then the guy picked up a digital camera, took a photo and asked me if I liked it. I looked and decided it looked alright (come on, who looks fabulous in their passport photo? In my last one I looked like I was on drugs), so I nipped into town, waited 30 minutes and then went back to get my photos. I continued around town, then walked home, then opened my envelope to check out my passport photo's.
And then this happened...
Look at my frikkin' eyelashes!!! Since when did another 8 layers of mascara attach itself miraculously to my lashes in the 15 minute walk to town? Y'know, normally I'm all for having super thick lashes - I'd love to have lashes that are that thick - but these look fake, and the photo's were useless and couldn't be used for my passport! Waste of money! By the time I got home, saw these and then got back down there to ask if they could be re-taken, it'd closed for the day... Pissed off I am... 
Tomorrow I will have to get my photo taken again. Hopefully my lashes won't look fake in the next photos :(

2 comments:

  1. That's crazy! They do look super long in this pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally gutted hunny, but the next set of pictures looked totally fine and my new passport has arrived lol. My lashes looked super thick and fake but never mind, we live and learn xxxx <3

      Delete