Saturday 22 March 2014

Finding sweat proof/resistant makeup

So as you may or may not know, I'm going on holiday at the end of June, and this is the first time I'll have been on holiday abroad since I was eighteen. A looooong time ago... So I've been on a search for lightweight, high SPF makeup that will withstand a temperature that could break me out into a sweat, which to be honest isn't hard considering I'm very overweight. Also I like to stay matte as I have a very oily t-zone.
So! I found some little beauties (some old, some new finds) that might possibly withstand my upcoming challenge...
Left to right: 17 CC Cream SPF 25 (matte radiance, shade medium), 17 Miracle Matte Skin Primer, 17 Stay Time Concealer (shade light), 17 Miracle Matte Pressed Powder (shade Silky Beige), 17 SuperLash Mascara (colour Black).
Underneath: Bourjois Color Boost Lip Crayon SPF 15 (waterproof, shade Red Island) 
So I applied all these products (yes there are a lot of 17 products here, I know), spritzed my face with two pumps of Mac Fix+ and took a photo.
Photo taken at 11:20pm. I'm about to put this makeup to my new workout test. I've recently bought an exercise bike & have been doing 40 minutes cycling every day (low impact sport that doesn't hurt my back) at low resistance (because I'm fat and unfit). It makes me sweat. A lot. Let the challenge begin!!

Photo taken at 00:02am. As you can see that from a distance of around 18/20 inches, my face still appears to look ok. The red of my face at the high points of my cheeks is starting to show but not too much. 
Close up of my cheek. Here you can see visible sweat marks running down my cheeks from my temple. I rubbed across my cheek gently after taking the pic and they smoothed right out.

To be honest I'm pretty impressed. Forty minutes of sweating like a little pig staring at a butchers shop and my face has pretty much made it without a problem. Whether or not it'll last an entire day of sweating is another thing entirely, but it's a viable option for working out and the face products are definitely coming with me on holiday. 
FYI: This makeup is not tear proof. I watched a film, bawled my eyes out and then had to remove my makeup because my tears had removed my CC Cream & Powder on their way down my face, ha ha Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment