Saturday 23 November 2013

MAC Lipsticks: Pure Zen, Half 'n' Half and Modesty

Like playing up your eyes but don't want to leave your lips feeling unloved and bare? Me neither. As you may or may not know, I've discovered my love for MAC products. I recently bought three lipsticks in Pure Zen, Modesty and Half 'n' Half. These are my current favourite nude colours to use on my lips as they're quite moisturising and creamy.
This is Pure Zen, a Cremesheen, pale, peachy toned pink.
Pure Zen Cremesheen Lipstick
And this is it swatched on my lower lip, leaving my top lip bare for comparison. Yup, my lips have practically no pigment. It blows. But, what can I do, eh?
This is Half 'n' Half, an Amplified Creme lipstick. It says on the website that it's a 'creamy pink'. It looks more along the lines of creamy brown with a pinkish undertone to me. . .
So here again, swatched on my bottom lip with my top lip bare for comparison. This doesn't look creamy pink to me. But it shows up as a lovely nude.
And here we have Modesty, a cremesheen, which is a muted pink lipstick with mild brown undertones.
As par to the above pictures, swatched on my bottom lip with my top lip bare for comparison.

Half 'n' Half and Modesty are my favourite of these three but Pure Zen is great for really dark, smokey eye looks as it's so pale. I might wear a lip stain underneath before I wear Pure Zen , to see if I can change the look a little.

Do I like these?  Yes, I like these very much. Great texture, creamy, good colour payoff and very wearable for every day and every night wear
Are these worth the money?  Good question. at £15 a pop, they're quite expensive, and I'm sure that there are probably some cheaper dupes on the market. If I found lipsticks of a similar consistency, colour and moisturising properties, I'd probably say no, but for me, at the moment, I'd say they are worth the money.
Would I buy these again?  Again, if I found dupes for the above reasons, then no. If I don't find/come across any then yes.







No comments:

Post a Comment