Sunday 6 May 2012

This Is Why I'm Addicted to Makeup

This blog has been about looks and makeup - of course it has - because makeup has the ability to cover flaws, accentuate your best features and hide your worst ones. The possibility of makeup is endless. You can be a plain Jane just like me, with pigmentation and scars, large pores, broken blood vessels and skinny eyebrows - and makeup can make it all go away. You may want to look naturally flawless, you may want to look striking or stunning, cute and playful, dark and dramatic. Makeup will allow you to do it. I wish I was naturally beautiful, with smooth, even skin, but I'm on the other end of the spectrum. Look!

Ok, this picture was taken in natural daylight. I have NO products on my face. My eyebrows are non existent, my skin looks dull. I have pigmentation under one of my eyes, colourless lips as well as broken blood vessels on my cheeks and large pores. Even if you can't see it in this picture, believe me, they're all there. I'll tell you something; I hate going outside without makeup on my face. I feel naked, vulnerable and exposed with no makeup on.

With the help of foundation, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, blusher, lipstick, lipgloss and mascara I can transform my tired skin and flawed faced into something much closer to flawless and I feel more alive, brighter and more cheerful:

The transformation is quite shocking, isn't it? My eyebrows are filled in, my skin is more luminous and a more uniform colour, with the blusher where I want it to be. My eyes look more awake thanks to mascara, my lips have some colour and shine from just a touch of lipstick and gloss.


This is why I'm addicted to makeup.



Big Love to y'all out there xx

No comments:

Post a Comment