Wednesday 8 October 2014

Review: MeNow Generation 2 long lasting lipgloss Shade "28"

So I don't know how many people have heard of these lip glosses, but I saw one on aliexpress.com and I decided to give it a try. It is in shade 28, as they don't have names, but this one is red...
It kind of reminds me of a test tube... 
It's really quite a long tube with plenty of product inside. It has a long, slender handle with a doe foot applicator. 
It applies like a smooth gloss, but sets into a completely matte, hard wearing colour. 
I applied this at 11am, ate a beef curry, drank two cups of tea and ate some chocolate and some mini cheddars and plenty of chatting with my hubby and little sister. It lasted a full 8 hours, with hardly any colour rubbing off... 
This lipgloss is really longwearing. The above picture was taken at 7pm. As you can see, hardly anything has rubbed away and I'm sure that it would have gone through another meal and a good 3, possibly 4 hours before it would have rubbed off much more - but I grew tired of wearing it and took it off. 

This stuff does not come away easily using normal facial wipes (not that I use them) or micellar water and the such - using an oil based makeup remover is kind of a must. 

For around $1.50 (around 99p for us in the UK) and free shipping, you really can't go wrong, and I've heard that these are a dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetine lip glosses but for a fraction of the price. 
The negatives? They come from China, so they're almost certainly not animal cruelty free :( 
Are they worth it? You decide! x

6 comments:

  1. In Europe it's illegal to test cosmetics on animals.

    In China it's illegal not to test cosmetics on animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that sorts that issue out. I don't know why they feel it's necessary to test on animals :/

      Delete
  2. Actually, items made in China do not have to be animal tested, just items that are sold in physical stores in mainland China. Items sold via online to people in China, items sold in Hong Kong and items only made but not physically sold in China are exempt from the animal-testing requirement. I hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your informative comment my dear, I don't know for sure if these are sold in China or not, it would be lovely to know that they're not tested on animals as it is so cruel. Big love xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tracy, do you know if "Menow" is selling on physical stores in China?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete