Thursday 24 March 2011

Solait Tinted Bronzing Foam

Now for my second ever makeup blog. Oh, happy days! I went out to town and as usual found myself in Superdrug, perusing the isles of makeup wondrousness and came along the self tanner section. The offer was two of these bottles (150ml each) for just £7 so I thought "hell, why not?" I bought them in "light/medium" for my pale, pale skin!

This is what the bottle looks like in the shops. Take a good look - and then please avoid it if you ever see it, even if it's on sale... And here's why...
         I scrubbed my face and neck nice and clean, pumped the tinted foam out on to my fake tan mitt and started to apply it. The tinting is kind of useful, so you can see where you've applied it and gives you a strange, browny, shiny complexion that I wouldn't be caught dead outside my house with - it almost looks dirty and greasy in one go. I waited for a good few hours for the tanner to do its tanning magic under the tint and then headed off to the shower, washed the colour off my face, neck and chest with warm water... And the pictures below show what happened... Please keep in mind that the first picture was taken in daylight, unlike the second two, which required a camera flash...
                       Eurgh... Me with NO makeup. Gross. Only my husband normally sees me like this...
That's what I looked like with the tinted mousse/foam/rubbish on my face, chest and neck. As you can see my shoulders aren't coloured with tanner, and are their natural milk white colour hehe! Please forgive my bareness by the way *shivers*... After a few hours I headed off to the shower...
 Ok, so I am fresh out of the shower and... almost nothing had happened. I was a TEENY bit darker than I had been before I put it on, and I seriously mean teeny. In fact now I have the right tint to my skin to wear my Lancome Photogenic Lumessence foundation which in it's palest shade is still too yellow for my skin. I am now wearing said foundation and now I don't have the telltale "tidemark" on my jawline because I now have a yellow toned pale complexion instead of a pale pink tone complexion.
         I am so glad that I only spent £7 because if it had been near twenty I may have cried... I think from now on I'll stick with Xen-Tan (My-Tan, I like to call it haha) and St Tropez... I think high end sometimes pays :) I don't think I'll ever use such rubbish fake tan again unless I want to look 1/4 shade darker than I really am.
         That's my second makeup blog. I'll be blogging again real soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment