Saturday 19 May 2012

Eyelash Extensions, Fake tan, Fake Nails... Oh my!

Yes, you read that correctly. I am covered - top to toe - in fakery. My hair is dyed black (has been for a couple of years), my skin is golden brown, my lashes are thick, curly and long, my nails are in acrylic pink-and-white french manicure. "Why?" you might ask. Well, I'm going to my friend's wedding tomorrow and I wanted to look my best. I think I went a little overboard...
I look much darker than normal, don't I? It's kind of scary, seeing as how normally I'm as pale as milk haha! I used Soltan Beautiful Bronze Self Tanning Gel to achieve this colour. Normally I use my Xen-Tan but I seem to have misplaced my bottle of it. At the moment Boots is doing a "3 for 2" offer, so three bottles is £18 which works out at £6 a bottle, which is cheap and cheerful. I was afraid the fake tan would turn me orange, but it hasn't, which is a God-send!
Check out my insanely long eyelashes! I had them done yesterday in a salon down the road from me. The products used were all Polish, and they were applied by a lovely Polish girl who was so brilliant at her work. My lashes have never been so thick and lustrous looking. I love my new eyelashes!
And here is moi all faked up to the nines and ready for my friend's wedding tomorrow. I had to use a small amount of my Double Wear foundation mixed with a couple of drops of bronzer to even out my face, then used a little bronzing powder to very lightly contour my face (it's still too fat to contour properly) and added a bit of highlighter to my cheek bones.
I'm probably going to be the only one at the wedding with a tan, because England's seen about 6 days of sunlight in the last 7 weeks or so due to rain, rain, rain and more rain... Oh, did I mention that it's been raining a lot here..? The weather has been unseasonably cold, summer is almost here and the only evidence that spring turned up is that the trees all have leaves now. I'm wrapped up in a quilt on the sofa right now! Oh well...

Anyone else out there that loves to fake up, or do you lovelies like to keep it more natural looking? I'd love to know :)

Hugs x

No comments:

Post a Comment